Optima 2 alarm

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can I short out the bell box tamper switch in the main control panel? The system as been installed approx 15 years but over the last years in the summer weather the tamper sometimes alarms during the night! Ive made several adjustments to the micro switch setting in the bell box just in case the arm wa contracting/ decontracting due to the weather. The reason I want to short it out in the control panel is to elimite any cabling issues.

Sponsored Links
bell tamper to zero volts is the way to null the bell tamper, short term at least.

What bell box is it
Post photo
Some bell boxes do have tamper issues with the tamper switch ( long arm microswitch )

Securiam thanks for your reply. So in the main panel I short between terminals T and A? I will try think next time the fault happens as yesterday I had to perform a power up to clear NVM after resetting the tamper switch and my neighbour didnt look pleased.

Handymanjo thanks also for your reply. The micro switch arm is approx 2 inches long the bolt contacts it in the centre and makes the switch maybe the bolt should make the switch actuator itself to give a more positive contact. I dont know what make the box is as all lettering has faded.

Sponsored Links
take a picture of the box and post it, bell boxes usually have installers details on not model details

Picture attached

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back