Optima 4 zone house alarm

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've just moved into a new (but old) house which has an Optima alarm system with 4 zones.

The front door is on zone 1 and the back door is on zone 3 along with the two internal doors. I would like to change the back door zone so it would be on the same zone as the front but don't know how to change it.

Can anyone help ?

Sponsored Links
I've just moved into a new (but old) house which has an Optima alarm system with 4 zones.

The front door is on zone 1 and the back door is on zone 3 along with the two internal doors. I would like to change the back door zone so it would be on the same zone as the front but don't know how to change it.

Can anyone help ?

Open up the panel this will cause a tamper enter your code to silence

Look at the bottom edge of the printed circuit board

You will see the zone terminals starting with zone one through to four from the left.

Each zone has two connections.

Remove the two wires from zone three then connect the two terminals of zone three together with a piece of wire.

Remove one wire from zone one and replace it with one of the wires removed from zone three.

Then twist the two remaining wires together and put them into a terminal block under a screw ( one of the plastic connector strips you can purchase at the diy )

Replace the lid press reset and your done.

The two contacts are now in series and either will operate zone one.

But there are two internal doors on Z3 as well....

If they're all wired back to the panel, they can be re-assigned to different zones. But if there is only one pair of wires at the panel for Z3, then they will be connected together elsewhere and to achieve what the OP wants may require some rewiring.

The other thing is assume as is wanted is done, is zone 3 on "walk through?"

Sponsored Links
Yes Breezer and Securespark I missed the fact of the two internal doors were on zone 3 and there these two would need to go back into zone 3

As regards walk through I believe on this panel only zone 2 can be inhabited.

Also as it would seem that a different entry route is to be used will this mean that instant zones will be passed through ?

Thanks for the information everyone - it's a bit complicated for me, I think I'll have to get someone in.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back