OPTIMA ALARM X/L 6

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I would like to connect this(Optima alarm) to the police ..can that be done? I got it with the property but it's all been turned off for a number of years (probably 5)I have plug in DEC phones BT).like most these days.
I also have what I think is a panic alarm (see insert picture)..is it.. please?
I guess it all needs professionally testing..+like it to be updated!)I think the company as gone busy(or been taken over)..I wonder if a electrician might be able to do it or simply an alarm installer.
Any comments would be most appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_20240314_115631_636.jpg
    IMG_20240314_115631_636.jpg
    136.3 KB · Views: 20
Sponsored Links
I am not an alarm engineer but I would start with getting a new panel - the XL6 is probably >20 years old now and no longer available. I fitted an XM6 back in 1993ish so it may be 30 years old. The panel does not have any communicator output

Sponsored Links
Unfortunately not.

1. Panel isn’t capable of reaching grade 2
2. panel needs an SSAIB or NSI certification for the install not just a sparky
3. It would require a communicator
4 . It would require a URN
5. It would require maintenance contract

The best you could manage is a communicator that alerts a neighbour/ family and they call the police but they may not send someone unless they have a secondary confirmation ie heard someone breaking in or someone seen breaking in on this system.

You maybe lucky if there is a local patrol at the time that’s not otherwise engaged and it’s in a hot spot.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back