Optima XL6 Alarm system has crashed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Retired to bed last night, the alarm setup was working fine, this morning it appears the system has crashed during the night, and the alarm is off and the keypad does not respond. The control pad is dim. Although the PIR's are working, the system is not. The outside box is still powered also. I may have heard like a electric squelch noise in the night from the outside box (not sure) could it be water ingress to the outside alarm box.

Read more: //www.diynot.com/diy/threads/o...ot-working-this-morning.448465/#ixzz3u06YLYuP

Sponsored Links
When did you last change the battery in the control panel ? Check to see if it's hot , down power system and re power .... Does your system come back to life ?

Hi Sparkymarka, thanks for the reply. I depowered the alarm system and rebooted and all'sgood it would seem.
:sneaky:

Sponsored Links
I would change the back up battery if it's not been swopped in the last 4 years , the optima has a habit of burning out the large resistor on the pcb when the battery goes faulty , then it's a new panel

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back