Optima xm6

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an Optima xm6. Does anyone know how to put it into a passive mode so the alarm won't sound. If i pull the fuse or switch off the power the alarm keeps going off.

Sponsored Links
Im no expert, but if you turn the power off, certainly on the older XM panels. in theory, the battery should take over as a power supply for the panel (as long as the battery is ok, many arnt, hence the alarm sounding) you could always tell whose battery was dead int the street, when there was a power cut.................if you mean when taking the cover off the panel itself, just power the mains down, take the cover off, the alarm will sound as the tamper will set of off, BUT if you compress the spring, and put your code in, if i remember rightly the panel will lock out and remian silent.........I know someone will fill in some of the details, but thats the theory anyway :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back