Options, Options and more options..... help!!!!!!!!!

Don't forget that you will be entitled to various subsidies for the work!
Your local energy supplier will usually give a subsidy (premie) for new boiler, and the gemeente (local council) may add to this too - they have details on their web pages, but there is a global subsidy-finder at http://www1.premiezoeker.be/

For quotes, shop around! I had quotes ranging from 1500 to 10000 euros for the same job on my heating. Many plumbers have plenty of work, and are only interested if you are really going to make it worth their while by overpaying them hugely.

One last thing, if your heating bills are so high, have you got any roof insulation? It's a relatively easy way of reducing your bills, and (with those lovely subsidies again...) I managed to do mine myself for a net cost of 4 cents per square metre! That's got to pay for itself pretty quickly! :D

Sponsored Links
Tony

With a five month gas bill at £4000 you must have a very good income to be able to support that kind of expenditure.
Not true, I wish. Thats why I need to replace the system for something more economical.
Its good to work hard, retire early and have an annual income over £50k p.a.
Again I wish, wouldn't be fannying around with this if I had that money :)

Have consulted 2 local engineers, both not very helpful when you mention doing some of the work yourself, I suppose you can't blame then really.

The 108Kw thats installed is far to over the top on all calculations that I've done, we really only need 70Kw, hot water is heated by electric so no need to allow for hot water.

My idea of 2 seperate systems comes because the exciting pipework is impossible to zone being 2" iron and with 3 vertical runs. Thoughts please???

Bertiebassett

Thanks for you constructive comments (at last) :)
we have roof insulation already and we are getting cavity wall insulation in the next couple of months, quite unusal in Belgium.

The "premie" we already know about, and will apply for these once work is completed, also the 6% BTW for older properties.
Quotes all seem to coming in around the same price :( €15,000 :rolleyes:

Thanks agin for the info

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back