optoma not setting

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
mam asked me to fit alarm she bought over a year ago(been trying to get out of it)
it's an accentia optima.run cable to first pir,found it only had 5 cores,it had no black but on the reel it said 6 core so looks like faulty roll,anyway leave the tampers off and use 4 cores,so ran 3 cables to 3 pir's from alarm box.
red and blue to + and - yellow and green to zones 2/3/4 there was a small button under zone 1,(was rushing a bit now wondering if there was a button)
walk tested, alarm test strobe test and sounder all worked, but the alarm would'nt set just kept beeping,
there is no pir where alarm is, so because i had no connection to zone 1 i tried to set zone 2 as timed,still same result
do i have to turn all unused zones off?
going back tomorrow so need some advice probably something simple in the set up,saw something in the book about programmes
now i know why i did'nt want to do it

Sponsored Links
Link out unused zones with a bit of wire.

thanks joe,the manual is not easy to read but found a section that says i can set unused zones to off,is this the same as linking them out,
would this solve the problem of not setting?
and any idea how to put zones and their settings into a programme,book says there are 3 programmes

Sponsored Links
Joe must be 'old school' or something, I thought I was one of the few left who still linked out unused zones. Check your manual, look at the default settings section and work as closely to that as possible. Whilst there are panels which insist on the use of say three programs, there is no real need to use several programs, possibly program 1 is sufficient on this panel. Feet up with a cup of coffee for an hour and have a read, if there's anything you still don't understand let us know. It's possible that zone 1 is factory set as entry/exit. zone 2 should be I/EE (intermediate) but you should be able to program this zone. Ensure that you leave engineering mode, that all the covers are firmly on the detectors and that the panel cover is replaced correctly.

Take Care.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back