Order of jobs

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
This year plan to get my halls/stairs all sorted out so they have a consistent flooring etc.

I need to replace the floor in one and will do that first but am not sure what to do next the floors need tiling, the walls doing and I need the a banister installing, this will have to be custom made and I think attached tp the outside of the stairs and not on top (if you get what I mean).

I was thinking, floor, walls, tiling (floor and stairs), banister. Is this right?

Sponsored Links
it's often quite a dilemma.

rule is normally dirty trades first (sort of anything cement based) then decorate, then soft furnishings carpet etc. decorate is start at highest point and work down on the basis of paint and gravity.

i think i would go for: floor (presume levelling), banister, paint ceiling, paint walls, tiling

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back