Outdoor light

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I want to install an outdoor light on the outside wall,where does the cable need to get run to, does it go to the lighting ring main or if i put a double switchbox where a single was then run it to the back of that?, bit of advice would be grateful.

Sponsored Links
Hello.

It is not normally possible to pick up a neutral at a switch as most houses. (unless 2 plate system). Your best bet is to feed the o/s light from your existing lighting circuit, (so long as the circuit is capable of it of course :LOL: ). Lighting usually takes the form of a radial circuit.

Hope this helps.

Ed

OK but all the light switches are obviously on the inside of the room normally furthest away from outside, hows the best way to run the cable to a light switch

???

:LOL: I think you need to pick your feed up from a light fitting. Not a switch. :LOL:

Ed.

Sponsored Links
if its a high powered light its best to feed it from a switched fused spur on the socket ring final.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back