Outdoor light

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello everyone i hope some one can help me,
I would like to light up an area ouside approx 30msq and also have the light on a timer to run between 8pm and 2am.I have seen a 400w high pressure sodium lamp for wall mounting.would this light up the area?is it the best option for efficiency and more importantly can it be wired to a timer.
thanks.

Sponsored Links
Can you clarify something?

When you say 30m sq do you mean total area ie 6m x 5m = 30m sq or do you mean 30m x 30m?

If the former I have a yard out back of my house with about that dimensions and I used a 500w Halogen. Frankly you can argue it is too bright and a 300watt bulb would provide enough illuminance. I had it on a solar switch with PIR so it was active at dark then switch on if PIR was activated.

There is no reason why you cannot have a light without such devices that uses a FCU incorporating a timer instead.

Look at TLC direct or screwfix for timers there are loads there. If I get a moment I will post a link.

Sponsored Links
Top Advice.. Don't use just 1 x 500W halogen for 900m sq it will just absolutely useless! :D

PS 300w will be even less use

:D

severla smaller lights would be better

so would spelling correctly

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back