outhouse to utility room/gym - poss costs?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i know this is a bit of a daft question, and the price could vary that much.
but i want to ask just out of curiosity. we've got a small outbuilding out the back, approx 3.5m x 7m ish.

so its already built, got a concrete slab floor about 10-12inches from ground level. and a roof on top, which needs looking at big time, probably removing all the tiles, whacking down felt all over and then retiling, its got 2 door openings, we'd like replacing with 2x secure doors with proper key locks, its already got power to it, but to what code i dont know, so would also need looking at, then obviously we'd need to somehow get drainage for a washing machine & ventilation for a tumble dryer, and also to get a small window opening in there too, somehow?
i know its a total random question - but does anyone have any idea on costs for something like this? if you need anymore info, let me know.
suppose I should just get yellow pages out and ring a few builders.

Sponsored Links
twice as long as from the middle to one end...

sorry, just pre-empting the obvious question that's going to get asked of you.. "how long is a piece of string?"..

If we can't see it we can't quote it..

might be that you need an entirely new roof
new electrics.
new drain line run from the street.
etc...

jeez.
hmm...
well lets presume the worst with the building - ie... it needs new roof/elecs.
and we can tie in the drainage with whats already under the patio.

actually naah, dont worry, i'm talking outta my ar*e. daft question in the first place. just thought i'd be able to get a ball park figure - within a grand or two.

no worries, i'll ring about get some prices in, then what i might do is come on here and see if the costs kinda reasonable for the work that needs doing (if ya's dont mind?).

Sponsored Links
aks for a detailed quote, setting out exactly what they think needs doing..

that way you can see if one thinks thinks the electrics need doing but one doesn't..

can't compare the price of 3 apples and an orange, with the price of 2 apples a banana and some grapes now can you..?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back