outside consumer unit

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi,,at the moment i have a juntion box outside one side comes from my house consumer unit the other goes to my shed consumer unit

i want to take a feed from junction box to power a water feature and lights

whats the best way , i was thinking of either just taking a feed to a double rcd plug socket

or can i put a 2 way rcd ip65 rated consumer unit outisde the house instead of the junction box then take feeds from this ?

Dave

Sponsored Links
The junction box is likely to be a black henley box/ They are used to take the main supply to a consumer unit / fuse board.

Under no circumstances should you run any thing other than a board from it !

Surely you could take a 13 amp spur in the property and then feed it out to the light and water features- from a ring circuit which has rcd protection ?

If not then yes you could run a suitable cable (swa) out to a sub board that is suitably IP rated for the area you intend and then run off from there to the lights and the water feature.

no its a waterproof junction box i had fit , the feed is from the house consmuer unit were the electrician put the feed on its own mcb thats also protected on the rcd side of the splt load

so the hole outside cable it already protected by rcd and mcb ,

then the shed has its own consumer unit

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back