Outside drain in My Drive way is clogged

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have two drains in my driveway that are clogged. Actually, they use to drain slow for maybe two years and one day we had a Flood and the flood washed mud in both drains. they are packed with mud and possibly leaves or pine straw. the drain has a plastic top on it. the top can be removed. once removed, it's about two feet deep but the actual drain where the water runs is horizontal. In other words, the water doesn't run straight down in the whole, it runs down in the two feet bin and drains horizontally down the side of my house but i do not know where the outlet is. I can only get a pressure washer so far in the hold due to it being horizontal. how can i unstop this drain without a plumber? is it any tool that i can use with enough force to push any leaves and mud out of the drain to make it flow again? i tried a snake from home depot about 6-8 months ago and it freed up alot of space and made it flow a lot better but i got to a point where the snake couldn't go any further. Any suggestions will help.

thanks

Sponsored Links
Drain rods, available at all good plumbers merchants and DIY stores. Get plunger, scraper and worm screw attachments, and an extra set of rods if it's a particularly long run.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back