outside pir

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,

I would like to install a pir to my existing light. I will be getting the supply from a socket then switchd fcu using 3core flex. I would like the light to only activate when it is dark and I approach the door it then comes on. From the fcu I will connect L and N and CPC to sensor teminals and then from sensor back to light fixture L-L N-N and CPC -CPC is this correct? Thanks

Sponsored Links
If it is an existing light, then it willprobably be powered from the lighting circuit.
Why do you want to get the supply from a socket circuit? You do realise that you cannot combine the two?

Sponsored Links
If it is an existing light, then it willprobably be powered from the lighting circuit.
Why do you want to get the supply from a socket circuit? You do realise that you cannot combine the two?

sorry what I mean is I already have the light fitting but not the supply.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back