Replacing flex on Class 1 fitting with no CPC?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Someone asked me to repair a hall light fitting which suffered impact damage when attacked by a sofa being delivered which burnt out the scantily rubber clad aluminium drops to the lampholder.
It's a lovely old brass contraption but without a CPC on the circuit.
I replaced what was left of the L&N with some 1mm flex ensuring that all new cables and connections tested and safe.
I explained to the householder about the lack, and dangers, of not having a CPC on the circuit with C1 fittings installed and recommended they at least have a PIR, C2 fittings installed or a CPC on the lighting circuits and noted all that on the MWC.
As I left the job in at least a safer condition than I found it is that good practice or have I missed someting?:)

Sponsored Links
As long as you have made the correct observations, and recorded them down for their benefit and more importantly YOURS, then you have done the right thing.

If they dont want the work done to make it safe, it's up to them.
If you didn't do the work and leave them the advisory, they may have gotten an electrician who would have said nothing..

You may want to consider issuing them with a risk notice?

I feel as though I've done it correctly by documenting it & leaving it up to them but just wanted to be be sure.

What do you mean by risk notice?

Sponsored Links
Anyone got any non-nic ones? Would be willing to pay a few quid for an editable Word document!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back