Outside sensor light-think I'm going barmy

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Put up a standard, stainless stell sensor outside the front door today. Wiring was easy as it replaced an old one. Before I fitted the light I had to remove the nuts from the pretty front cover and two metal washers fell out.

So far so good you will say. However, when I stuck it on the fall and tried to get the same washers to go on the protruding bolt... they would not. Tried and tried manipulating but they would not go-either of em.

Had to tighten the nuts to close off as it started raining but am worried that the stainless steel cover will get damaged due to the pressure of the nuts.

Has anyone come across this?

Feel a bit flabberghasted actually?

Cheers

c

Sponsored Links
no pictures needed,he says he thinks hes going barmy and we are not qualified to give him an answer,he needs a different forum.

i asked my mum once why i am the way i am and she just said she kept dropping me when i was a baby,trying to reach the gin.

good luck mate,hope you get diagnosed soon!

I know this might seem obvious, but, perhaps they gave you the wrong washers?

You could try buying some bigger ones or take it back and moan, moan, moan try.....

"this bloody cheap rubbish you buy from China...."

Sponsored Links
This is also good tactic is you want spring clips for downlighters.

Buy downlighters , take them back saying "why don't your suppliers check the contents before depatching??" :D.

Thanks.

Thought it was something to do with the altitude or air pressure as I was up a ladder!

Cheers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back