Outside service pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Hope someone can help!

We live in a rural area where our service pipe runs from the road under two fields and into our house. In April a section of the pipe sprang a leak which I had a company out to fix, south west water paid £100 and i paid the princely sum of £400....

Anyway we have just been told by our neighbour that it looks like the pipe is leaking again from a new location.

What i'd like to know is how difficult it would be for me to fix. The pipe isn't deep maybe a couple of feet, the last time the company got a digger but it was like the somme so I couldn't blame them for that.

I was thinking of digging down, having a look at the pipe, seeing how big the hole/leak is, measuring the pipe, cutting out the affected area and fitting a compression coupler joining the 2 pipes back together.

Does that seem reasonable? I figure that at the very least i would have saved a bit of time by digging the hole for them. If I went ahead what tools do you think I would need, save shovel and coupler.

Many thanks.

Sponsored Links
You might need two couplers and a bit of pipe to go between the two

Sponsored Links
Should be a MINIMUM of 750 mm deep!

Your problem might be finding where the leak actually is!

Water can run a long way.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back