Outside Tap How Much?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm being bombarded with requests for outside taps at the moment but can't decide what price to charge. I know locally advertised blag plumbers are charging £35 for those DIY self tapping ones...

I want to fit mine properly with a double check valve, isolation valve and drain off.

Anyone recomend a reasonable enough price so as not to be pushed aside by these unqualified blagger?

Sponsored Links
Ask yourself what someone would expect to pay for an outside tap?

Surely it depends on how much pipework routing needs to be done etc?

£75 ?

You dont say where you are! That makes a lot of difference!

We used to do them for £48 when it was straight through the wall from under the kitchen sink. Usually took less than an hour on site. Everyone who called us accepted the price.

More recently we realised that we were not getting further work from those people so we have increased it to £75 but dont do very many now!

With so many newbees and east Europeans working very cheaply I assume the going price has fallen to about £35. But they have not done the Water Regulations course and are actually working illegally but who cares?

Tony

Sponsored Links
Agile; I'm in the north west Mereyside area wher we are having a slight influx of cheap tradesmen from eastern Europe. :mad:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back