Outside Tap

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am thinking of fitting an outside tap.
Where the old ouside toilet uesd to be there is a section of capped off Lead pipe I could use and would like to convert as much to plastic MDPE Anyone used The Arctic Spray pipe freezer kit to save me contacting the water board to turn the water of for an hour

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
kevplumb said:
the lead usually tees b4 the stop tap

dont you have a stop tap in the yard :?:

think he meant the one in the road lol

kevplumb said:
no mines in the back yard just b4 where the netty used to b ;)
No stop cock on the street is the The Arctic Spray pipe freezer kit any good Kev

kevplumb said:
only ever used 1 m8 all i need

quickest bloke on earth is

one that dont really trust :LOL: :LOL:

Thanks for replies will leave it alone

if it were outside, I would purchase an "Philmac universal coupling the right size fit a valve on one end of the blue poly, (leave it open) then dig a hole down to the pipe, cut pipe under water and push fitting on the pipe and doitup, turn valve off job done

the issues here are back siphonage and freezing.

put the outside tap behind the kitchen sink. Then you can easily isolate it and drain it in the winter. Fit a double check valve in the new pipe work under the sink also. Keep it simple.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back