Outside Tap

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
EDIT : Sorted, can delete thread thanks.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Ermmm...nope. Unless there was no way to route the pipe internally and the tap had to be there.

Needs some lagging especially if the pipe's to be used through the winter.

Did he put an isolating valve and a double check valve inside?

Sponsored Links
Did he put an isolating valve and a double check valve inside?

Yes he did. Happy enough with work done, was just curious at length of pipe if there was a reason for it. Is the part on the left for another tap going on, or is it to stop the pipe from freezing?

The part on the left is a drain cock - if you close the inside stopcock then open both the outside tap and the drain cock, the water should clear the pipe outside.

The part on the left is a drain cock - if you close the inside stopcock then open both the outside tap and the drain cock, the water should clear the pipe outside.

Cheers for your help. It is bothering me slightly about length as I envisioned it just being a tap on my wall and nothing else. Rather than opening the drain cock, would I be okay to isolating supply to tap, and opening outside tap during winter?

That was precisely what I thought when I saw the photo.
No need for length of pipe (unless you needed the tap in that position - is there a rain below?) OR drain cock.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back