Outside Toilet

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My next door neighbour is constructing a toilet in his back garden that is in plain view from my lounge window. It sits in the corner of his plot as far away from his house as possible but quite close to mine.

To be fair he is using fair faced block work - so it will not be ugly although I don't yet know what he will use for the roof.

The plan area is only about 2.5m²

Does he need planning permission to do this?

Any advice will be apreciated.

Sponsored Links
By 'eck, as kids we grew up wih an outside privy; now't wrong wi' that - just don't keep looking at it!

He will need to notify the local water ( sewage ) company if he is connecting it to the sewer system.

Sponsored Links
Hello Guys,

I should have thanked you sooner but this construction of the outside toilet by my neighbor is still not complete.

I perhaps should have said that both he and I are self-builders who have not even laid foundations yet so he is being somewhat premature in constructing this loo. I suspect his initial intention is to use it as a site loo as the building work progresses.

I will keep you updated if appropriate.

Thanks again.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back