Outstanding supplementary bonding!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just spotted this gem under my kitchen sink.
View media item 23219Good job supp bonding's not needed anymore eh? :LOL:

On a more serious note, there's no main bonds to the water or gas mains either. :eek: I better get started on this renovation project soon.... :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
I guess that a s/s sink with bonding tab got changed and then this got disconnected, it's all too common.

Get your bonding done first and foremost !!

Get your bonding done first and foremost !!

Better still, first and foremost, make sure you understand what it is, why you do it and whether you actually need to do it.

Thanks Dingbat, however rest assured that I know exactly what bonding is, and why it's needed.

What I am unsure of is if I will need to main bond my water after renovation, as they'll be a metallic incomer but a completely Hep2O installation.

I would say "no, of course not", but I've heard differing views. What the official line on this?

Sponsored Links
That comment wasn't aimed at anybody in particular.

I'm very glad to hear, Hibbo, that you're 'all about' on earthing and bonding.

That probably brings into double figures the number of sparks who do! :D

Will you be able to touch the metal incomer or any metal connnected to it? (e.g. a stopcock handle)

If so then it is introducing the potential of the external pipework to the equipotential zone and needs to be bonded.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back