Outward bound course worth £300 for only £70 ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
14 y.o. has been nominated for this course "to reward them for their good attendance" ( or just going to school in my language! )

Only 70 nominated for just 50 places!

About four days in North Wales!

Is this really a special offer or just presented as something special like the two for one offer in supermarkets?

She also got a prize for art last year when she is not much good at art! No prize though for Drama on which we spend hundreds on extra courses at local theatres!

Tony

Sponsored Links
I reckon they're pretty good

widen their horizons and stuff

usually bunk rooms, outdoor exercises, decisions, risk assessment, leadership etc

would £70 cover the cost of food? See if you can trace the centre toi see if it has a good reputation

Some of these places also do adult "staff development" training, it may be that at this time of year people are reluctant to go.

Sometimes you can get a contribution towards cost of boots, anorak and things

All equipment and accommodation and food are included!

Says its a reward for their dedication to our community and their futures as "leaders for Tomorrow". She could become another Maggie Thatcher?

Mind you the 17 y.o. boy who addressed the prize giving all his achievements in scouting and meeting all the politicians, Prince Charles etc. was VERY impressive even to me! He would have run rings around all the last bunch of Candidates on the Apprentice. His presentation to the audience of about 400 was way better than the £90k/pa Principal !

The website is:-

www.outwardbound.org.uk/education/courses/adventureandchallenge.htm

But my first attempts dont get anything to download! Maybe its a scam to get my £70 ?

The school also wanted to get £1.50 for me to watch her singing in the choir at the School Concert, no chance ! Mind you they also performed at the prizegiving and the band was good and the choir passable. No more hymns like in my time! Its all X-Factor stuff now!

Tony

My brother used to be an instructor at Loch Eil OB and he got my sons on courses - it did them a world of good.

Be warned though that your daughter could be on a course that has delinquents from inner cities, one of my sons was on a course with them and he did have a bit of an attitude when he returned. But having said that when he grew up ie left his teens behind him the benefits of the course showed through.

Sponsored Links
Be warned though that your daughter could be on a course that has delinquents from inner cities, one of my sons was on a course with them and he did have a bit of an attitude when he returned.

My first thought was that she is a deliquent herself !

But of course that is totally untrue! The most deliquent thing she has done lately is to buy a pair of trousers for £1 and then say that I had bought them for her! By current standards she is very well behaved but then her mother has a bad temper and a strong stick.

Her cousin is in the army and the uncle was a Police Superintendent in Zim until he left a few months ago for better pay and some petrol. So it will be very good for her.

I did enquire about the Scouts for her but was not very impressed by their interest in new members. It seems scouts and cadets have lost a lot of popularity since I left school during the last century.

Just signed the cheque for her!

69965.jpg

Tony

A four day break from London is worth £70.

In North Wales it's worth £700, just for the views.

Make her go even if she doesn't want to!

You don't need to be good at art to get a prize for it, ever heard of Tracy Emin?

I think she wants to go!

The letter asking for the £70 was on my desk this evening!!!

Now its got the £70 cheque attached and its in her critical path to school tomorrow!

I am getting a little more impressed by this London Academy even though they will not let them submit her homework over the internet! ""Because it disadvantages those without internet connections at home! "" This is regardless of the free use terminals at the school for anyone without one at home!

Tony

Done one of these way back in 77 and it cost us £7 at a place called longtown which was on edge of brecon beacons ,It was an absolutely fantastic week climbed pen y fan. then slid down half of it on a big poncho . Pony trekking , rock climbing ,absailing, pot holing, white water canoeing doing eskimo rolls.
I would recommend any youngster to grab the oppurtunity with both hands, memories will stay with them forever

Sponsored Links
Back