oven wiring problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just recently bought a Moffat Electric Oven, I have read the manual and it
says it can be installed using a plug, spur box or a cooker control circuit.
As I am currently skint I'd prefer to wire it up to a plug the problem comes as it needs a double pole switch which is currently not installed.
I have got a switch on my socket do I need a double pole switch or will the switch on the socket do the same job?

I can replace the socket for a cooker socket and then get a double pole switch on with it, is it ok to have the hob hooked up to the cooker socket as well as the cooker or do I need a separate socket for this.

What should I do? Any suggestions are welcome cheers John :?:

Sponsored Links
Help_me!!! said:
Just recently bought a Moffat Electric Oven, I have read the manual and it
says it can be installed using a plug, spur box or a cooker control circuit.
As I am currently skint I'd prefer to wire it up to a plug the problem comes as it needs a double pole switch which is currently not installed.
I have got a switch on my socket do I need a double pole switch or will the switch on the socket do the same job?

I can replace the socket for a cooker socket and then get a double pole switch on with it, is it ok to have the hob hooked up to the cooker socket as well as the cooker or do I need a separate socket for this.

What should I do? Any suggestions are welcome cheers John :?:

providing its under 3KW it can be on the ring main. do NOT change a socket for a switch. best way is to either put a plug n and plug it in, or connect it to a SFCU from the ring main

The oven 240v, 50hz not sure of the wattage not too clear over what you said, do you say that i should just use a plug and not worry about the double pole switch?

if the wattage is below 3kv=3000watt you can plug it into the ring

if not me personally would run a radial to a cooker switch then to a cooker cable outlet palte then toyour cooker

:LOL:

Sponsored Links
mini2 said:
if the wattage is below 3kv=3000watt you can plug it into the ring

if not me personally would run a radio to a cooker switch then to a cooker cable outlet palte then toyour cooker

:LOL:

would it not be easier to just plug a CD player/radio into a socket? :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back