Over Or Under?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just want to inject a soupcon of triviality here:

How do folk here "hang" their toilet rolls?

Do you put them so the paper comes off the top of the roll (when in the holder), or does it come off the bottom?

Or don't you care?

I must admit to being a bit an@l (excuse the pun!) and always fitting the roll so paper comes off the top. If I stay in a hotel, I always change it too, but not if using the loo at a friends, relatives, or customers house.

Strange!!

Sponsored Links
I'm an over, (loose end hanging in front of the roll), the wife prefers it the other way (loose end laying against the wall). From what I gather, the rest of the family dont give a .. Our roll gets turned around about twice a day. It's like some kind of compulsive behaviour. In my own home, I just can't help it.

When visiting relatives or friends, encountering a roll the wrong way around, I've gone as far as to turn it, while I'm in there, and then turn it back, as I leave, just out of curtessy. It just feels rude to inflict my values on others. Absolute madness. :oops:

Strangely enough some research was done on this, apparently men and women hang toliet paper differently, but I don't think the research established why.

Sponsored Links
Eddie M

Strangely enough some research was done on this, apparently men and women hang toliet paper differently, but I don't think the research
Because woman just like to be different & add THEIR own touch :LOL:

Hang it under? UNDER?! Are you MAD?!

Of course I hang it OVER!

Some engineers at Andrex, Charmin or whatever have spent several man-months in order to come up with the pattern on the paper. They have taken into account absorptivity, strength of keeping the plies together, no doubt other factors only toilet paper design engineers understand.

And then someone goes and hangs it with the pattern side... TO THE WALL!

Yeh, why not go to the Louvre and hang the frickin' Mona Lisa facing the wall?

I reckon women might prefer it against the wall because they have littler fingers. Man fingers might not fit betwixt paper and wall, and in an extreme case of pushthrough followed by carelessness there could be stains left on the wall.

Well I'd kind of promised myself I wouldn't respond to this, but I do have a point......

Whenever my children are in the proximity of a toilet roll, they insist on spinning the roll towards them. Hanging it over results in it piling off onto the floor, and hanging it under means it just keeps neat and tidy, so its under every time.

Its about everyone made up their mind what side they are on on this subject before the overs take over :evil: :evil:

Under or over ....

the real question is do you squash the roll flat an then push it on the roller ,so you have to pull at it to get sheets ,unlike when its circle you tug the sheet an half the roll is unspun ,
you save a lot more on a toilet roll this way,LOL LOL
at all bathrrooms Ive worked I have done this trick an explained the wisdom to the owner of the property.....who all listen wide eyed an innocent as I tell them it saves on wastage ,lol

Slogger said:
? dont we all just use the daily mirror :eek:
prefer the paper of a broadsheet - better quality, nicer feel.

seriously though, we have a post that stands on the floor which toilet rolls get stacked on, so you have to take the roll off to unravel some! Saves the argueing over which way to hang it!! :rolleyes: Real reason is my dad didn't want to spoil the new floor to ceiling tiling a few years ago! ;)

crafty1289
regarding putting up a loo holder on BOSS Tiles , put the holder to wall put mark thru with felt tip , THEN ...

VERY IMPORTANT INDEED ................

GET THE LADY OF THE HOUSE TO COME AN LOOK AN SIT ON TOILET ,
put toilet roll on an postion on wall an let her make her MIND UP FINALLY !!!!

then when she has moved it about 70 times you mark in another felt tip colour , you then say go down stairs , as she is halfway down ask her back up an MAKE SURE THAT ITS CORRECT IN HER MIND (SAID VERY NICELY !!!!???)
Fix it an leave the house happy ,on your final invoices all fixing were by the property owners wish , /STOPS the call back ,
of course thats trade but if you treat everything in the home as such like you as hubby are the Master ...as she failed if its wrong .. lol

While we are on toilet paper here's another one. Hard or Soft? I can't imagine why people want to wipe there a**es with shiny greaseproof paper, but each to their own.

Now you're talking!

I went to boarding school, and all we had for 6 years was Izal - was it to be the smooth shiny side or the rough matt side?

Well trial and error told me the smooth side meant a mis-guided finger could skid off (without giving you ALL the detail.....), but the rough side had some grip, IYKWIM......

Before you all vomit into your coffee cups, he did ask!!!!

Being a young single chap, I have frequent debates about toilet technique. I find that two which cause much debate are:

1) Do you raise yourself as little as possible and wipe whilst hovering above the seat, or

2) Do you stand up to wipe?

Another one is, in a public/communal toilet do you

1) avoid all contact between your precious bottom and the botty germ-ridden seat, or

2) do you lay protective loo paper to act as a gasket or,

3) do you levitate above the seat?

1. No. Just lean forwards a bit.

2. Don't you spread it around doing that?

and

1. No.

2. Sometimes.

3. What? A hurrumph stone+ bat fastard with p*ss poor balance levitate!!

Don't make me larf!!

Sponsored Links
Back