Overcoming Low Multiple Tap Flow Rate With A Booster Pump

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have a thermal store (TS)-based HW system which supplies 14 hot taps in all (including 2 baths, 6 sinks, 3 showers, 1 washing machine, 1 dish washer and 1 bidet). Obviously not all of these are on at the same time! I have 2 heat exchangers (HX) on the TS which consist of a high efficiency coil on two opposite side of the TS, each with its own 22mm pipework/mixer/exp vessel. Using just 2 showers, for example, off one side of the TS only results in fairly meagre flow rates. I'd like to boost the flow and particularly so when, say, 2 showers are going and a loo or 2 are filling altogether.

I'm assuming some sort of pump would work but what sort and where in the pipework would it be best/legal to install it?

My incoming main appears to have good pressure and flow (most of the time) and is in 1" blue plastic. The remainder of the HW pipework is 22mm reducing to 15mm plastic for individual main tap/bath/shower runs or 10mm for small en site sinks/bidet/washing machine.

The service area is downstairs amongst the bedrooms/bathrooms so quite operation is important.

Regards, MW.

Sponsored Links
Its not a good idea to assume anything when it comes to plumbing.

More info would be needed, in order to advise you,

that is probably why you have had no response so far

You can't pump a mains supply above 12l/min which it almost certainly is already. What you may need is an "accumulator" but they take up a large amount of space so it really depends on where your TS is and how much space you have.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back