Overflow pipe dripping water from combi boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Moved into our house in april, and within few weeks we had to call a plumber friend to see why we had no hot water. Turned out that our boiler had no pressure at all, he told us just to turn the water valve and set the pressure to 1 atmosphere. Happy days after that untill 2 weeks ago same problem again!!!! Drrrr

So i then again topped up the pressure but miss judged and set it to 2-3 atmosphere. Now the overflow pipe leading into the front garden is dripping water out constantly making a very wet , messy garden to which my neighbour isnt very pleased. Plus to the fact that out shower goes from hot to cold constantly and hot tap down stairs is 50% likely not to go hot at all.

How do i relieve some of the excess pressure to bring it back down to 1 atmosphere, and could this be the reason behind the dodgy hot & cold water?

The boiler is a : Saunier Duval 30e ( with No manual )

Please help !

Sponsored Links
The dripping is coming from the pipe out side the house. I cannot locate the pressure valve shown in the link you sent me.

Some one at work suggested bleeding a radiator upstaires to releive the pressure back down. Then repressurize the system again up to 1 bar.

Is this correct?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back