OVERFLOWING WASTE PIPES

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
HELP!!

DISHWASHER & WASHING MACHINE HAVE OWN WASTE PIPE CONNECTED TO A PIPE LEADING TO THE KITCHEN SINK WASTE. ALL HAVE U BENDS FITTED. HOWEVER WHEN EITHER MACHINE IS IN USE WATER BACKS UP AND SPILLS OUT OF THE WASTE PIPES. PIPES ARE NOT BLOCKED. SEEMS LIKE THE WATER CANNOT DRAIN AWAY FAST ENOUGH. HAS ANY ONE GOT A SUGGESTION OR PREFERABLY A SOLUTION?

THANKS

Sponsored Links
First of all turn caps lock off, there is no nead to shout.

I would suggest that as you have 2 m/c's the problem is recent, take all pipe work apart and clean it it is blocked, even though you think it isnt.

look at it this way, problem has just started, pipe runs havent changed, blockages do occur. w/m's also pump out lint, this sticks to pipes, along with old soap, this gets added to over time.

I once got called out to a bloke who said the same, i took pipe off held it to a light looked down pipe and said, "clear that blockage and you will be fine"

in the pipe for all to see, even though he had looked was a lump of lint and soap

Hello Breezer

The pipes are definitely not blocked. This Problem has been going on for a while. Have put caustic sode down pipes.Have also lifted manhole cover and checked flow. It seems that the pipe cannot cope with the volume. Pipes are correct diameter etc. Some one at work suggested that the two machines should not be on the same waste pipe as the kitchen sink but should have their own pipe into the waste pipe. What do you think?

thanks

Cornelius

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back