Overheating vokera maxin 28E

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We just moved in a new house which have vokera maxin 28E in place for DHW and CH. When we turned on the CH three weeks ago, it was ok for two days. The first time I realise it was doing something wrong was that day my wife told me that it was too hot in the house and asked me if I adjusted the tempature knob of the boiler. I immidiately checked the machine, the tempature was near to 80c and pressure was near to 3 bar. Apparently, it was constantly burning to increase the temprature to that point. But fortunately, it has not yet higher enough to triger the safety cut. And at same time, the hot water was also reaching boiling! so we did not use that night. The second day, it came back to normal again, however, the overheating still happens now and then, and tends to be more and more frequently. Untill now, whenever I turn on the CH or DHW, the burner just won't stop untill safety measures are trigered.

Searching the forum, it seems the faulty of thermistor and has ordered one. So again, any advices on how to check and change the thermistor or any other check could also possibly point to the problem would be appreciated.

Sponsored Links
By the way, I should mention that the pressure keep rising when the temperature going mad. It is about 60 degree at 2 bar, and 80 degree near 3 bar. Could there be any single problem pointing to this two related syptoms (tempeature and pressure)?

Thanks in advance.

Thanks Dave. Did you think lack of pressure in EV or faulty EV could cause both temperature and pressure out of control? Hope it is as this will make things simple, though it is not cheap and DIY job.

JOe

Sponsored Links
I bought a replacement thermistor and opened the front cover, located the thermistor according to the service manuel. But when I tried to take it out using a span, I found there is water coming out from the contact between the pipe and thermistor. Soon I fit it back then water stops.

I am really confused that is it a wet contact or dry contact for the thermistor? If it is direct wet contact, how could I prevent water leaking when I change the thermistor as there is lots of wires around?

If it is a dry contact, does it mean the pipe sits inside the thermistor is broken making the thermistor out of control?

Joe

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back