Overriding Timeswitch 140

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I just moved into a house that has a Vaillant Ecotec boiler with a Timeswitch 140, plus a Honeywell thermostat.

What I'd like is for the temperature in the house to be completely controlled by the thermostat. So when the temperature falls under the desired temperature, the heating turns on, and vice versa.

However, it seems like the Timeswitch 140 only offers the ability to programme particular times. My question is, if I programme it so that the heating is on 24/7, will the thermostat then override that? Or will the Timeswitch 140 override the thermostat and will the heating just be on 24/7?

Many thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
If it's been wired correctly. It will be necessary for both the timeswitch and the room thermostat to both be 'on' together for the heating to operate. If either are off, the heating should be off.

Setting the timeswitch to be permanently 'on' will then allow the room thermostat to have total control, as you would like. Simply try it and see. Set the timeswitch to be permanently 'on' and the heating should come 'on' and 'off' as you turn the thermostat up and down.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back