P&O cancels services and tells ships to stay in port

Sponsored Links
They are having a hard time because fuel prices have increased their costs

And the pandemic, and Putin, have reduced their market.

Not because they pay fair wages to some of their workers.

They could if they weren't paying £270m in dividend payments. Don't know how they did that though. I take dividend payments from my company but they can only be taken from profits.

You can pay dividends and charge them to past profits that have not previously been used to pay dividends.

For example, if you made £100 profit last year, distributed £5 as dividends, and spent £95 on a set of spanners.

This year you could pay £95 dividends with nil profits even if you funded it with a £95 bank loan.

The privatised water companies did something similar (worse).

Profits and cash are not the same thing.

Sponsored Links
P and O will restart operations in Dover paying £1.80 per hour

Singapore on Thames

FOXaHatXoAAcxci

So what??? You expect me the taxpayers to bail them out, why??
In France if P&O had done this the government would have taken away their operators licences and impounded the ferries whilst an investigation was carried out. Here they are issued with visas for the new workers in secret and Grant Shapps announces the intention to investigate. This is because the French government defends it's workers rights (as does the EU), whilst here the Tories want us to have no rights. It's like going back to the 1890s

Incidemtally, if P&O can afford to continue to employ Dutch and French seamean, just why is that?

I saw france and the clown as a joke but what you said re p and o sounds good.
france and little guy have also ensured cheaper gas/electric for all and cut taxes by just under 13p per litre on fuel

Yes, our clown is doing f all other than chatting BS, apologising and Mr Javid is still apologising on his behalf even after the clown apologised.

In many civilised countries, "workers' rights" are not seen as a bad thing.

P and O will restart operations in Dover paying £1.80 per hour

Singapore on Thames

FOXaHatXoAAcxci

Disgusting. Yeah yeah, it's 'business' I get that, anything can be justified. Doesn't make it right. It's no more right to pay replacement staff a pittance than it was to get rid of existing staff in such an underhand way.

In many civilised countries, "workers' rights" are not seen as a bad thing.
Do sea workers (Cruise/ferry/container etc) come under the laws of the country in which the ship is registered?

Sponsored Links