P trap, S trap, running S trap and clap trap

Hi

Have another problem related to this! Have cut the nozzle to required length and used jubilee clip to secure but water is still leaking from where the dishwasher discharge hose connects to the nozzle.

Is there meant to be an optimum overlap between the hose and the nozzle?

Also is it possible that I've over tightened the jubilee clip?

Never had this problem with the old joint.

Finally there is also another leak on the joint on the right where the compression joint meets the waste pipe. I'ts probably that the black washer is not seated correctly. Can someone also advise how best to connect this.

Many thanks and sorry for being so dopey.

L

Sponsored Links
when connecting the compression joint did you slide the nut then the rubber seal on first or just push it on to the pipe complete ?
as sliding on complete can damage or push the seal out, push one on at a time then tighten.

how much have you shortened the w/m nozzle by ? have you another pic ?

Hi again

1. In relation to the compression joint I seem to have a thick black washer and a thinner nylon one. In answer to your question I think I have tried every permutation in terms of sliding nut on first then washer etc. If I slide the nut then the rubber seal etc which way around does the the black rubber seal go? Also where does the other nylon washer fit?

2. In relation to the nozzle I cut it so that the Dish Washer hose overlapped by about 3/4 inch. Should that be adequate?

Also what advise would you give in relation to tightening of the jubilee clip. (never had a leak here before even when I used plumbing tape)

Wills end photo when I get home.

Thanks for your help and interest.

Longshanks

Hi again

1. Also where does the other nylon washer fit?

nut - plastic washer - black rubber seal.
you'll notice the black rubber seal has a chamford edge which pushes against the chamford edge on the fitting.
2. In relation to the nozzle I cut it so that the Dish Washer hose overlapped by about 3/4 inch. Should that be adequate?
should be enough and the hose tight fit onto the nozzle before the clip go's on.
Also what advise would you give in relation to tightening of the jubilee clip. (never had a leak here before even when I used plumbing tape)
the hose should be a rubber end that pushes on tight.
i useally just nip the clip to stop it being blown or pulled off.

Sponsored Links
Hi

Have fixed compression joint leak so thanks for previous advice. However, still have prob with area where Dishwasher hose joins on to the nozzle.

Having probs with camera so can't upload piccies but the overlap is almost 1 inch and identical to the last nozzle which didn't leak at all. I've also tried moving the jubilee clip around a bit but no joy.

What would folk suggest to stop the leak in these circumstances?

Many thanks

L

Wrap some ptfe tape around end of nozzle before you shove dishwasher pipe on to it . Then fit your jubilee clip. Cant beleive u forgot to cut nozzle.......classic!!!!

Old nozzle was full of crap when I removed it and won't fit anyway.

Wiill try the tape solution.

Ta

L

Also, if it's rubber, soak the end of the diswasher pipe in a mug of boiling water for a minute or so. This will soften it and you may well be able to push it further onto the stub before adding the pipe clip.

Many thanks

End of hose seems to be hard pastic rather then rubber.

Hi

I spoke too soon! In pulling and pushing pipes underneath the sink I now have water coming through where the housing for the main sink plug hole is.

We had a new 1.5 sink fitted about 6 months ago and I think the guy replaced many of the fittings then. The water is coming through at the joint between the housing and sink itself. It looks like some sort of glue has been applied but I don't think this piece is screwed on is it?

Any advice would be much appreciated. Am already in mother and father of all dog houses for cutting locking nut to remove old waste trap!!

Many thanks

L

it probably got a smear of clear silicone round it.
it should have a rubber seal then the waste screws in from the top to pull the two together.

Thanks again

Do I just remove the screw in the plug above and then re-tighten the other retaining screws?

How do I check the integrity of the seal?

Cheers

L

Thanks again

Do I just remove the screw in the plug above and then re-tighten the other retaining screws?

How do I check the integrity of the seal?
should only be one screw through the centre into the black base.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back