Paddle Mixer

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Sponsored Links
im getting a new mm30 i hope next week as my mixer is a small one and its on its way way out
i hade a mm30 a sold it to steve wish i kept it now
but ill be getting a nice new shinny one soon 240v with the bigger paddle
ooooooowwwwwww cant wait

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Sponsored Links
Sorry for the late reply Steve,

After your heads-up I noticed that the same seller was selling a MM22, so I decided to go for that one instead. However I totally misjudged its popularity and was completely outbid.

I found a tool shop selling a Berg EHR1100BEL 1100W reduced from £199 to £99 with a 24month warranty. I then found that the same seller was also selling it on flea-bay but with a 'Best Offer' option.
After a couple of phone calls to them, they were very confident telling me that the Berg was a quality machine and that they had sold many with very little come back.

Although I do agree with all you that have said regarding the Refina's, I decided to try the Berg which I managed to get for £80 with the 24month warranty. So worst case scenario, is that it could cost me £40 @ year but it is completely brand new.
My only quibble is that there was no literature confirming the 24month warranty. After calling the e-tailer they assure me that there would be no problem with the warranty. Just hope I never have to find out.

The Berg EHR1100BEL is a 1100W mixer with only 1 gear but does have the variable speed control (250-700) and a 80Ltr maximum mixing volume.

I have not managed to use it yet so can not comment on its performance just yet.

I noticed that the same seller was selling a MM22, so I decided to go for that one instead. However I totally misjudged its popularity and was completely outbid.
well tbh i see that he was selling the mm2 as well but i knew your budget and thats why i recomended the mm19, and i ended up being spot on as it went for £90 with 2 paddles and there worth about £30-40 each i think, the mm22 was never going to sell for anything like what your budget was, another thing to consider is resale value refinas hold thier value, buy a secondhand refina for £100 and look after it you will still be able to sell it for £100 in 5 years time, but buy a mixer such as yours new for £100 and try and get £100 for it even the next day after you bought it and you havent even used it you wont get nowhere near the money you paid for it, i still have plsterings mm30 hanging up in the shed bought for £100, i havent used it yet i use my mm22 but i know i havent lost any money it was a good investment, but good luck with your new mixer m8 i hope it serves you well, what did you buy btw the 240v or the 110v?

You cannot beat a Marshaltown paddle and a basic driil, cheap and easy to carry.
sorry but im lmao at that statement, i wouldent even try mixing a 4-5 bag mix up of hardwall or multi with a basic drill,an mm30 makes easy work of such hits

4 or 5 bags of Multi , why? even you could not use 4 or 5 bags in one session???
ive done 3 bags of multi on my own "edit" and if there is 2 of you 5 bags or more is possible try that with a basic drill and you will come unstuck and i have mixed up 5 bags of hardwall no prob m8 with a mm30

I've had no problems with it what so ever apart from catching the cable in the paddle but that was my own fault.
lol ive done that as well it snapped the cable glad to hear im not the only one whos done it, so youve had that mixer for 4 years no problems? thats good going for a cheapie

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1400w-MORTAR-PLASTER-PAINT-MIXER-240V-TWIN-PADDLE-/200493306515?pt=UK_BOI_Industrial_Tools_Construction_Tools_ET&hash=item2eae551293
I've been using one of these for the past 4 years, have mixec cment conctrete, 60ltr tubs of plaster and screed with it. I've had no problems with it what so ever apart from catching the cable in the paddle but that was my own fault.

I have just ordered one so I will tell you how I get on with it. I have been using a cheap B&Q 240v drill with a large paddle and its fine , but I have had it for a few years now and have'nt got a back up if it packs up. So for £60 I will give this a go......

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back