paint cracking

Rich Matt is indeed a promblematic paint even Dulux themselves dont recommend this product as a mist coat, I would if you can change it and you won't go far wrong with Supermatt.

Dec

Sponsored Links
thanks again ill pay the extra £££ save any more nightmares so what grade of grit do i use to get rid the old stuff ?

You've got to scrape all the paint off or you'll see the scars all under the new paint.

It's not paint under the paint it's a type of skim made by Polycell used by decorators that can't plaster. It's a disaster. It'll keep pulling off when you try to roller over it. I've seen it before. You can't seal it, as it's still under there.

You say that the walls were skimmed and you applied what you call the undercoat is this correct.

Dec

Sponsored Links
yep its defo a paint prob the walls were skimmed with normal plaster and its the crap i used to undercoat thats turned chalky wether its cause it might have been vinyl matt or cause it had no pva in it or due to moisture ill prob never know,so im going to scrape it of down to the bare plaster and coat it with the dulux trade primer sealer. so whats the best grade of sandpaper to get it off quickly?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back