paint keeps peeling

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
wondered if anybody could give me a little advice, im a civil engineer, not a decorator, lol
just moving house, get to the new house and proceeded to strip walls,(nitemare)
only to find that the paint which covered the original plaster and obviously underneath the wallpaper keeps peeling in places, i have tried sanding it so it doesnt flake, tried painting over it with a roller, the original paint peels off, HELP !!!!!!

Sponsored Links
hello i always get paint peeling of when striping paper but if it peels of when trying to paint. The reason for this is the people who painted it from new is ment to put a watered down coat of paint to bond to the plaster better. you could try and scrap all the paint off or fill and put lining paper up. I am not to sure if you know, becuase you had wallpaper up before you will need to make sure you have washed all the old wallpaper paste of the wall or you will get small cracks in the paint when it dry.

hope this helps carl.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back