Paint looks like its got water running on it - Matt finish

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Just joined and hoping to find a easy solution to my latest problem.

When we moved into our new house the kitchen had silk finish walls, maybe proper kitchen paint even. I decided to paint the walls and opted for a matt finish.

A little while later the paint all crazed like pottery glazing. I guessed it was the matt over silk so put a layer of primer on to seal the walls. This was a white layer and seemed to be a gloss like finish.

After this went back to the matt finish and all was good.

The finish is fine but now I see the walls are starting to get what looks like water marks.

I guess its condensation as no leaks, and my theory (for what its worth) is that the moisture hits the gloss and soaks in, but cant get through that to the plaster because of the sealing layer which is probably 4 or 5 layers thick by now.

Whats best suggestion? Go over with a silk paint, or kitchen paint or somethign else???

Cheers for advice

Rich[/img]

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back