Paint mixing equivalents

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all,

SWMBO insists on having paint mixed, rather than just buying standard colours.
All well and good, except when you are on the dregs, and you have just that bit more to paint...

Is there a website or similar which gives nearest best matches to the fancy stuff we had mixed before?

Thanks in advance :)

Sponsored Links
How about if you tell us the paint make, finish and colour you are trying to match and we'll see if we can help.

Alternatively, take a patch of the paint (at least the size of a 5p coin) to a Dulux decorating centre. They will scan it and come up with the code for the equivalent, which you can buy 250ml of (assuming it's matt emulsion you want). If you want silk finish, you'll have to buy 2.5 litres.

Thanks EB :)

Dulux Quilted Calico 1, albeit in satinwood.

I hear what you are saying about non-standard finishes.

As she has a penchant for special mixes, I was (hoping?) there might be a reference website, rather than having to bother you good folk each time :)

Sponsored Links
Don't know of any website, sorry.

And for Dulux satinwood, you won't be able to get anything mixed in that colour in satinwood that's any cheaper than the original. I think the minimum you can get is 750 ml, not sure.

In the grand scheme of things it is not a huge outlay, is it? And at least it would be a perfect match. Other people's paint mixed in Dulux colours is only ever within 2% accuracy and sometimes that shows.

'Quilted Calico', eh. Whoever thought calico would be quilted? it's senseless! Obviously a name dreamed up by someone who never did any quilting!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back