Paint peeling from plaster.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Evening all. I had the kitchen re plastered two years ago. Let it cure for six months then watered down mist coat. No probs. Kitchen fitter put cupboard up but I didn't like it so removed and holes filled. Think he used tetrion. Emulsioned it today and all fine except one small six inch section above the tetrion where the paint has lifted as in the pic. Used dulux trade white. I'm thinking some kind of contamination but it's just a guess.
The paint has lifted completely not just the top coat. When I was rolling it cracked and just peeled back to bare plaster if that makes sense. The rest of the kitchen is bang on just that small section.
Any ideas please and thank you.
Dean

Sponsored Links
It's normally down to not putting on a 'mist' coat to begin with, but you say that you did that? How loose was you mist coat?
In my experience, dampness can also lead to this problem. Even if it looks dry, it isn't always dry. I'd treat it by bursting any loose peel away, sand down, apply an oil based primer, flush fill if required, touch the dry filler with the oil primer again and then try to coat with emulsion as normal. That (eventually) worked for me after trying other things first.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back