paint peeling off in en-suite

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, would like an opinion from an expert , had our en-suite re-plasterd 2 years ago,painted it with crown bathroom paint, it is now peeling off in big sheets, if that sounds right, should I have sealed the plaster before painting? with what and should I have used an egg shell paint instead?
Thankyou in anticipation. :)

Sponsored Links
yes you should have sealed the plaster with emulsion watered down by around 25%. The crown bathroom paint probably (not used it) is eggshell, 'bathroom' is just retail labelling. You'll have to get what you can off, apply the thinned coat and then apply an acrylic eggshell, you can skim fill uneven areas, powered filler like toupret tx110 or easifill is best. A wide thin blade would be useful for removal of paint. Do not use PVA to seal the plaster.

Also, what sort of extractor fan have you got?

When does it turn on and when does it turn off?

Sponsored Links
Might be a silly question, but did you let the plaster dry out before painting? This is sometimes forgotten about too. But I'd say a mist coat primer would be the culprit alright.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back