Paint suitable for plastic garden furniture ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

Does anyone know whether plastic garden furniture can be painted, and if so what paint to use? I have had a very good quality white plastic garden table and chairs for over twenty years and although it is a bit scratched it is still very sturdy and has many years left in it. I think i have heard somewhere that they can be painted so I would appreciate any tips.

Regards Blod :)

Sponsored Links
I am sure that there is stuff that you can get to coat it, but in past experience anything like that tends to bubble off quite quickly. You might be able to put a bond on first - I used to get some stuff to put on melamine before painting, that might work but cant say for sure.

Thanks for the reply. Since posting I have found via google a co. which stocks a paint called Krylon Fusion suitable for this purpose.
www.caswelleurope.co.uk Hope this can help someone else too tight to buy new furniture :LOL:

First, you might like to try a PVC cleaning and restoring compound, they ae sold for use on plastic window frames.

Sponsored Links
I had my furniture to close to the fence when I painted it and now the fence paint won't come off.

I am thinking of now painting all of it light brown :rolleyes: only through lack of choice :LOL:

meths may remove water-based fence stain.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back