Paint with carpets

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey

I decorated my kids rooms 2.5 years ago, the ceiling and coving is fine but the walls and skirting are crying out for a paint job...kids eh!!!

Painting the walls is fine I can tape plastic protection to the skirting over the carpet, the issue is when it comes to the skirting, whats the best thing to do to fully protect the carpet?

Lifting the carpet completely is not really an option.

Had a quick look on you tube and masking tape right up against the skirting seems to be the method and then tucking it under.

I know glossing before with hard floors that stuff gets everything no matter how careful, is masking really the best tried and tested way

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Yes the 2" tape pushed slightly down the gap at the side of the carpet with a plastic spatula or similar works for me, peal of as soon as touch dry.

Whilst you can't lift the carpet completely, can you lift it one edge at a time, and then hold it back with duct tape.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back