Paint won't stick

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

I've recently had my whole house re-skimmed, and new celings put up/skimmed. I've started painting yesterday, and found a patch where there seem to be splatts/run marks, and I just can't cover it up. I'm using Dulux Trade Supermatt (watered down to 3 parts paint 1 part water as per tin).

I suspect this is spilled PVA from when the plasterer was skimming the ceiling. Is there anything I can do? Cover it with a light coat of eggshell or get some Zinisser BIN? I'm also having troube covering some of the corner beading, where the plaster isn't as deep, so its not covering so well.

here are some pics
IMAGE_00238.jpg

IMAGE_00239.jpg

IMAGE_00240.jpg

IMAGE_00241.jpg

IMAGE_00242.jpg

IMAGE_00243.jpg

any help gratefully received.

Sponsored Links
Hello mate,

spot on with your assesment PVA :evil: for sheer ease I would line the lot and start on a blank canvas:cool: Zinser will work just be carefull about putting it on real thick and leaving the brushmarks in it cos you will see it through the emulsion when its rolled on. Don't water your paint anymore just put it on the wall, two or three coats, if you go down the zinser route. You can try some undercoat on the beading if its not covering with the paint, bear in mind that you have tried to paint it with watered down paint so give it a go with full strength first just to see. ;) let us know how you get on.

Thanks for the advice.

I'm not overly concerned about this particular area, because it will be behind a wardrobe. I'm a bit worried that I'm going to find this elsewhere though, so I think I'll get some Zinsser in. Would you say that the BIN would be more suitable than the Bullseye?

Should I spot cover, or do the whole wall to make sure it blends/covers nicely.

Thanks

Dave

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back