Painted bathroom but seem to have a problem...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I painted the bathroom a couple of days ago with Craig and Rose 1829 emulsion for interior walls. Came home tonight and the walls are covered with lines - from condensation?!

Says nothing of this on their website or on the tin and I'd class the bathroom walls as 'interior'. Anyone offer some help on the problem??

Sponsored Links
I don't have a very clear image at the moment yet it looks as if something has bled through, could this be a possibility?

Dec

I just sugar-soaped and painted over the old blue paint that was there (new house, so we didn't paint the old blue colour it ourselves, so not sure what sort of paint it was etc.).

Actually I think you might be right. One half of a wall hadn't been painted in this old blue paint and that part of the wall doesn't have the lines on it.

It seems to be something to do with the old paint? And condensation?

Sponsored Links
If you used sugar soap you should have washed of the residue with warm water prior to painting? Providing the walls are dry go over the stained areas with a thinned oil based undercoat, when dry carry on with your emulsion. I'm only using a phone at present so the pics aren't clear.

Dec

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back