painted ceiling gone wrong

So because Leyland's in not Leyland's, Leyland's is not Johnston's?

sorry my bad, was supposed to say

there is different types of leyland paint,

i'm not disputing it is owned by by PPG who also own Johnstones

Sponsored Links
I’ve used Johnstone’s and Leyland paints, And in my opinion, they are not the same. Leyland is not as good as Johnstone’s and is reflected in the price.

Yes they are made by the same company, but Leyland is aimed at the diy market

I've learned about Johnstons slash Leylands paints from Black Widow screen paint project I could actually share here too at some point.

Last edited:
I’ve used Johnstone’s and Leyland paints, And in my opinion, they are not the same. Leyland is not as good as Johnstone’s and is reflected in the price.

Yes they are made by the same company, but Leyland is aimed at the diy market

I think it might be more accurate to say that Leyland, rather than Leyland Trade is aimed at the DIY market.

TBH, the only Leyland Trade product that I normally purchase is their acrylic primer and that is because it doesn't clog my abrasives when sanding it. That said, I am no a fan of Johnstones pints either. I recently used their white Covaplus emulsion. It took numerous coats to cover dark marks but it does roll well without the sheen issues that you can get with Dulux Trade emulsion.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back