Painting a Bare plasterboard Ceiling

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a garage ceiling which is plaster board unpainted, I want to seal it and paint it what should I use. Thinking some type of pva mix first ? and what type of paint? Any suggestions please. Tully

Sponsored Links
No PVA at all - avoid that at all costs. All you need is a slightly diluted first coat of matt emulsion (15-20% water) and then a further coat or two of neat emulsion, in your chosen finish - I have acrylic eggshell and would recommend that for a garage. If you want to use anything else to seal the plasterboard instead of a diluted emulsion, get a pot of drywall sealer or Zinsser Gardz, although neither are necessary. DO NOT USE PVA, as it is unsuitable for use with water based paints.

Thank you Mr Helpful used eggshell and just put last top coat on looking good. Thanks Again x Tully

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back