Painting a BBQ

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have built an outdoor BBQ, using breeze blocks. The BBQ has a hood and chimney to take away the smoke etc. I have decorated the outside of the brick work with an a standard exterior masonary paint.

I am now looking to paint the inside of the breeze blocks of the BBQ, this will obviously be exposed to the smoke and heat from the fire, will it be okay to use the same masonary paint (different colour for style!)?, or should I be looking for a specialized paint finish/undercoat due to heat etc, and if so any suggestions as to where to get this from?

Sponsored Links
Hi MontyWG,

Will the painted part of the bricks be exposed to flames or just high temperatures?

Hi there,
The paint will be exposed to heat and flames, however not at extreme temps, the brickwork is mainly there to shelter the bar b q and create a feature on the patio.

Sponsored Links
I've tried to get a picture, but no luck.
Mine isn't as fancy a your link, all I have done is create an oven using breeze blocks which slant-in to make the chimney.[/img]

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back