Painting a fireplace inset (where the wordburner sits)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just fitted a wood burning stove into an inset fireplace (and signed off by building control before you ask!) The stove is 6" from the back wall and 12" from the sides walls. When it is on max heat it smells. I think that the stove is burning the paint on the walls, which is standard masonry paint.

Has anyone else experienced this? Will the fumes stop after a while or should I overpaint it with a fireplace paint? I've searched on google but can only find stove paint, not paint for the walls around the stove.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
Hi,
just to let you know what we used to do. we would regularly render the chamber ready to receive a stove. we would spray the chamber with stove paint. This is normally black but I seem to remember one of our guys getting hold of some white once. make sure the place is well ventilated because it is evil stuff. mask off areas nearby as well that you dont want painted.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back