Painting a house in Spain.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hola!

A local painter has offered to paint my pal's villa outside, pebble-dashed, 170 square metres, for Euros 1600, which is about £6.30 per metre. He is offering a 1 year guarantee.

Does this price sound reasonable?

Sandtex gives a 10 year guarantee in the UK - why would the Spanish product not give the same?

I know there is enormous variation possible in quality. Can anybody recommend a good quality Spanish-made exterior paint?

Sponsored Links
I don't know, but if I was your pal, I would want to visit a few other local houses that this person has painted over the last few years, look at quality of workmanship, ask owners how happy they are with him.

If he is an established local painter, he should have plenty of reference sites, and you would hope he would be proud of his work rather than ashamed of it. Good quality work is worth more than saving a few €s.

Sometimes expats are charged a different rate to people who speak the language and are members of the community.

JohnD said:
Sometimes expats are charged a different rate to people who speak the language and are members of the community.

what's wrong with that? We are a superior race who SHOULD get a discount.

joe90,
That is the worst comment I have read on this forum.It is of no help whatsoever to RigidRaider who posted the query,and i'm sure many people would agree.If you have nothing constructive to say in answer to a question, you're better saying off saying nothing. :mad:

Roughcaster

Sponsored Links
It WAS a joke. I purposely took the meaning opposite to what John meant. Thankfully the Mod could see it for what it was.

Ohhhh, riiiiight, yeah I get it now.Silly me for not seeing it. :LOL: Learning all the time.

Roughcaster.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back