Painting a radiator cover

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone, I am considering painting my ratty old mdf radiator cover which was in my house when I bought it. It's definitely seen better days. This is the kind of cover it is http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/like/3012...1=ICEP3.0.0-L&ff12=67&ff13=80&ff14=108&ff19=0
My question is whether I should be buying any particular kind of paint considering its going to be exposed to a fair amount of heat, or whether regular paint for mdf will do?
Thanks.

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Sponsored Links
If it's already been painted then regular paint will do the job. I used regular oil based satinwood on one in our old house, tho that will probably yellow nowadays.
If it's bare wood then you need to prime & undercoat it.

Radiators have been painted with normal household paint for decades ! Even the cast iron victorian ones - don't waste £££ on having them powder coated :idea:

Sponsored Links
Thanks Nige F. I will definitely remember that when I come to paint the radiators.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back