I would like to paint the walls white.

Do you have any tips for the prep work?
How many coats will I need?
Also do I need an undercoat?

See pics below

100_9491.jpg

100_9490.jpg

Sponsored Links
Thin out some emulsion for the first coat by about 25-30% then check around the edges to see if they need fillings to level them up to the existing surface then give the area one more coat...then a coat over the whole wall

Thin out some emulsion for the first coat by about 25-30% then check around the edges to see if they need fillings to level them up to the existing surface then give the area one more coat...then a coat over the whole wall

do you think one coat over the rest of the wall will be enough?

I am painting it white. Do you have any suggestions in terms of paint to use?

Should I run some sand paper over the bits that have been skimmed? These surfaces feel smoother than the rest of the wall.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
The wall looks like magnolia..it will probably need two coats...its impossible to say if its going to ned one or two...depends on what roller you use, or a brush, the paint, the surface of the wall, and your ability.

The only way to tell if its going to need another one is wait til its dry and have a look.

Dont whatever you do rub the plaster down before you paint it..you'll scratch it to bits.

As for paint..I'd recommend a branded one not the home brand stuff..and certainly not the cheap stuff, its a false economy.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back